Skip to main content
scroll to top

How to modify parental rights, child support and other court orders

In certain circumstances, orders that have been made regarding the parental rights and other limited issues involving children can be changed. You must file a Petition to Change Court Order, together with a Personal Data Sheet

Changes to court orders that are done by an agreement between the parties are less expensive than those in which the parties are not in agreement. Click here for a full list of filing fees

Divorce / Parenting Mediation

In some instances, depending on your case, there are alternatives to legal action, which are known in the court system as Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) programs. For many types of issues, such as small claims actions, probate matters and domestic relations issues, ADR can offer an alternative to a court action which can save you money and time. For other problems, there may be resources in the community that can help you.

Do You Need a Lawyer?

Anyone who goes to court without a lawyer takes a serious risk. These cases can be complicated and it is recommended that you consult a lawyer to best protect your interests, especially if there are issues regarding parental rights and responsibilities of children, property or pension/retirement benefits.