Skip to main content
scroll to top

Name Changes

Name change cases may be filed in the Probate Division. For these cases, it is important to be familiar with the general Rules of the Circuit Court Probate Division. There is a fee required to file a Name Change Petition. 

Electronic Filing

Electronic Filing is mandatory in name change cases at all probate division locations. Self-represented litigants will use the program TurboCourt. Attorneys will use the program File & Serve. If you had filed your original name change action, in paper (not electronically), you may continue to file your pleadings in paper. Please be aware of the Circuit Court’s Electronic Filing Rules.


Information Icon

After reviewing the information on these pages, if you need further assistance please contact the Trial Court Information Center:
1-855-212-1234 for calls from US or Canada (Calls from outside US or Canada call 603-415-0162)