Skip to main content
scroll to top

How to Enforce a Court Order

If the other party is not following the orders the court made, you can file a Petition for Contempt, together with a Personal Data Sheet.  

How to file a Petition for Contempt Checklist

You should call the clerk's office for the amount of your filing fee and for further instructions regarding the next steps, including how the other party will be notified about the filing of the petition.

Do You Need a Lawyer?

Anyone who goes to court without a lawyer takes a serious risk. These cases can be complicated and it is recommended that you consult a lawyer to best protect your interests, especially if there are issues regarding parental rights and responsibilities of children, property or pension/retirement benefits.

Divorce / Parenting Mediation

In some instances, depending on your case, there are alternatives to legal action, which are known in the court system as Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) programs. For many types of issues, such as small claims actions, probate matters and domestic relations issues, ADR can offer an alternative to a court action which can save you money and time. For other problems, there may be resources in the community that can help you.