Skip to main content
scroll to top

Name Change

Electronic Filing 

Electronic Filing is mandatory in name change cases.  Self-represented litigants will use the program TurboCourt.  Attorneys will use the program File & Serve.   If you had filed your original name change action, in paper (not electronically), you may continue to file your pleadings in paper.  Please be aware of the Circuit Court’s Electronic Filing Rules.

Basic Facts 

Name change requests in the Family Division are not separately filed Petitions for change of name.  Instead, these requests are made during a divorce case or during an adoption matter.

Other name change requests should be filed in the Probate Division.