Skip to main content
scroll to top

Juvenile Delinquency

The Family Division handles cases involving delinquent children. A delinquent child is one who has committed an offense that would be considered a crime if the person was an adult.

Juvenile Diversion offers a way for children to remedy inappropriate behavior through means outside the court system. There are many accredited Juvenile Diversion programs in the state. Click here for more information.

As of January 1, 2022, pursuant to RSA 169-B:10: I(a), before filing any Delinquency Petition in Claremont, Dover, Jaffrey, Keene, Lebanon, Merrimack, Milford, Nashua, Newport and Rochester in non-placement/detention cases, law enforcement must first refer the minor to the Department of Health and Human Services for a voluntary needs assessment. Click here for the referral form for the voluntary needs assessment. Starting on July 1, 2022, this requirement will apply to Brentwood, Candia, Concord, Derry, Hampton, Hillsborough, Hooksett, Portsmouth, and Salem, and on October 1, 2022, it will apply to all remaining court locations.

CHINS/Delinquency Forms