Abuse/Neglect of Children
The Family Division handles cases filed by the state involving abused or neglected children. The purpose of this process is to protect children, keep families together when possible, provide assistance to parents so they can raise healthy and safe children, and to provide treatment and services to children who are placed outside their home.
- The Protocols Relative to Abuse and Neglect Cases and Permanency Planning
- Protocols Relative to Abuse and Neglect Cases and Permanency Planning – Legal Updates and NH Supreme Court Summaries 2003-2018
- Protocols Relative to Children and Youth in Court RSA 169-C Child Protection Cases
- Protocols Relative to RSA 169-C Post-Permanency Hearings for Older Youth with a Permanency Plan of Another Planned Permanent Living Arrangement (APPLA)
- Protocols Relative To Termination Of Parental Rights, Surrender Of Parental Rights, Voluntary Mediation And Adoptions Involving RSA 169-C Cases (Pursuant to Circuit Court Administrative Order 2017-20)
- "Court...I'm Going" - This video will help children and youth in abuse and neglect cases learn what to expect when going to court for the first time.
- APPLA Protocol Overview - This video was produced by the New Hampshire Court Improvement Project and provides additional information for circuit courts conducting RSA 169-C post-permanency hearings in abuse and neglect cases for youth with APPLA (Another Planned Permanent Living Arrangement) as their permanency plan.
- How to Become a Primary Caring Adult (PCA) for a Youth 16 and Older in the Custody of DCYF - This 6-minute video, developed by the New Hampshire Court Improvement Project, explains the important role of a Primary Caring Adult in the life of an older youth during the youth’s time in foster care and after the youth ages out and the abuse/neglect case closes.
- Video on 2018 Protocols Relative to Termination Of Parental Rights, Surrender Of Parental Rights, Voluntary Mediation And Adoptions Involving RSA 169-C Cases
- CASA GAL or GAL Survey (Print Copy)
- Youth Survey (Print Copy) -This survey is for youth to tell us about their experience going to court. It should take a minute or two to complete. We’d like feedback if a youth’s permanency plan is APPLA and the youth recently attended a Post-Permanency Hearing in an abuse/neglect case (excluding 45-day Orientation Post-Permanency Hearing).
- Foster Parent and Relative Caregiver (Print Copy)